I recently have been trying out many different ways of making some creamy and “cheesy” sauces vegan. This sauce can be used for anything! I put it on Salads as a dressing, on top of Buddha Bowl, I use it as a dip for Potato Wedges and especially as a basic Pasta Sauce. It is not inly delicious, it is also super easy to make.
You will only need:
- A high speed Blender/Food Processor
- 1/2 cup of Soaked Cashew Nuts (soak them overnight or just leave them in hot water for a few minutes)
- 1/2 cup of Plant Milk (any Plant Milk you like – I would recommend Cashew or Soy Milk)
- 2 small Gloves of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
- A pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
To this you can add any spices you like and costumize the sauce to your taste. I love to add some sun-dried tomatoes or spinach.
- Add the cashews into your blender and cover them with the plant milk (you can also change out the milk for just water)
- Cut up the garlic and toss it in
- Add the Nutritional Yeast and the Salt and Pepper
- BLEND BLEND BLEND! For the mixture to become a creaaamy sauce, it takes about 5-10 minutes, depending on your blender.
- Optional: Add your extra ingredients and/or spices to the mix if you like
Serve your delicious goodness with whatever you are feeling at the moment and ENJOY!! This will impress non-vegans trust me!